Friday, March 29, 2013

and then this happened.....

As you can see, our life is pretty incredible! We feel so blessed in every way. There is just so much good in our life and we love it! 

During the summer/fall, Kyron played on a soccer team with some friends. I went to his games when I could but early one Saturday morning, I decided to stay home. Kyron curses the moment I told him to "have fun and be safe!"... during the first part of the game, Kyron fell. And didn't quite pop back up. :( nuts. He hurt his knee. At first, we didn't know how bad. But as I mentioned before, we are so blessed!

We went to the doctor (after the insurance dragged on for dayyyss) and the amazing Dr. Murray worked his magic. He set Kyron an appointment for surgery the same week. He had to do a scope to fix the meniscus that had torn, folded, and lodged itself between Kyron's bones. Lovely. No wonder my poor husband was limping around in so much pain! 

Here's the best patient I know :) This was right after they shaved his knee. [[yep, this is pre-surgery. those are the scars from his previous scope and ACL surgery - looks like his lucky knee, right??]]



During recovery, my dear husband was coming off the drugs and definitely flirting with the nurse! He denies it, but he was too drugged up to know ;) Let's be real, he's just always nice to everyone. (another blessing for me that he's that way)

We were so nervous that his ACL had torn again but, thankfully, that was not the case! That meant we didn't have to schedule another surgery that would have been much more invasive and painful than this one. Unfortunately, 80% of Kyron's knee padding is now gone. You know what that means? No more impact sports for this one. 

I kept waiting for him to be upset about his ban from sports -- but he stayed so positive! It kept me going strong. I'm so blessed to have him as my husband and we're so blessed that he is up and running around again. 

{almost} as good as new!

<3 

1 comment: